How to have a successful Commercial Build or Renovation
We know that the quality of a design plan, build and management are some of the most significant risks in commercial construction. Here are a few tips to help mitigate or even eliminate some risks.
Prescreen companies of interest
Always prescreen; you’ll find out if the company has an online presence. If they aren’t online, that’s a huge red flag. The next step would be to check for reviews and work they have completed. Pay close attention to reviews, and if you can, invest the time to physically look at the last commercial project they took on.
The management process of a project is enough to make or break results no matter how carefully planned the renovation started off as. How do they keep on schedule? How do they handle and resolve challenges? How do they plan on keeping you in the loop? These are a few questions to keep in mind during the initial conversation.
The last thing anyone wants is to have is accidents on the job. Making sure everyone leaves the project safely should be the number one priority on anyone’s list. Inquire about safety protocols and training. How do they enforce safety procedures and regulations? It is also a good sign if on the job safety is mentioned on their website, in the contract, and during your conversation.
This one isn’t mandatory, but definitely a plus. If a commercial builder can offer you full services from design, to build, to move in, then you found the right builder. It can be very time consuming and difficult to find everything you need in one place. Some of the benefits of working with a full-service builder are:
- You save time: You don’t need to go searching for a separate designer and builder.
- You save money: The designer and builder are used to working together. Projects are communicated and understood better, decreasing the chances of things not going the way you envisioned.
- You’re taken care of: It’s easier for a builder to take good care of your business and project when they can manage the entire project from start to finish and address any of your concerns.
Last but not least, always review their contract with great detail. If there are doubts when looking into any of the tips mentioned, it is best to steer clear until you find the perfect team for the job.
It is often a bit frustrating and tedious to begin the search for the perfect commercial contractor.
Jax Builders makes the process a lot easier, as we are well known for being leaders in the industry.
As partners, you can always expect some consistent critical differentiators in the work that we do.
- We are a full-service builder that takes care of your project needs from design, to build to move in.
- We welcome and encourage all your questions and concerns and answer them with transparency.
- In conjunction with expertise, we believe conscientious management is key to a successful renovation for both parties. We set realistic expectations while delivering quality artistry.
- Here at Jax, we don’t take shortcuts and hold safety and rules to the highest degree of importance. We give explicit instructions and expect our team members to follow directions precisely at all times. No exceptions.
- Jax doesn’t wait for you to ask how the project is coming along. With technology, we can deliver comprehensive performance evaluations for you to view daily, but feel Commercial builds and renovations are a lot of work, often complex, and need to be planned and worked on with great attention to detail.
There are many commercial construction companies to choose from, but this is not a decision that should be taken lightly.
Construction companies with poor planning, management and execution challenges have a negative multiplier effect on later phases. This results in costly mistakes, frustration and discouragement.
Choosing the right construction crew is crucial to having a successful and stress-free renovation.
- Feel free to check up on us and make inquiries at any time.
- We offer an extensive plan, so our clients know exactly what’s going on at all times, before, during, and after the build.
- Integrity is a massive contributing factor to any wholesome partnership. Even though things don’t always go according to plan, we are committed to acting with respect, responsibility, punctuality, and accountability.
Let’s collaborate For Your Commercial Build
Don’t set yourself up for a fall by choosing a company that does not offer you their best.
Simplify your renovation experience by teaming up with Jax Builder’s commercial construction.
No more stress, low quality work or frustrations. With us, you simply get the best.
Click here to book your free quote today.